Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stake Conference



Today was stake conference, it was an interesting experience. The stake rented a conference center near where I have been going to church. I got left once we got to the conference center to fend for myself. Lucky for me my missionaries saw me and welcomed me, my missionaries are awesome. :D When we went in to get seated I was greeted by another ALT, Ashley, and she had me sit by her. It was really interesting. Ashley tried to understand what was being said, she knowing Japanese (she says a little, but she understands a lot), and I knowing not Japanese. Luck for me there was an Elder sitting directly behind me translating everything into Spanish, so while Ashley was trying to understand the Japanese I was trying to catch the Spanish. I got quite a bit, but really only enough to get the idea of what was being said. After the meeting I found out that they had an English Translation, but no one told be that before the meeting…. Oh well.

After Stake conference I was invited to the Stake president’s house for lunch, but first I had to wait for the Stake president to get done with his meeting. So, I got to sit in on the stake president’s new member meeting. Lucky for me my missionaries came in and the one from New Zealand, Elder Heart, translated the whole meeting for me. I really like Elder Heart, he makes sure I understand what is being said and he translates everything for me. :D After the meeting I got to meet the Mission President for the Hiroshima mission and his wife. He and his wife has lived in Orem and went to graduate school. They were very nice and welcoming, I love mission presidents and their wives, they were called to their position for a reason, their great capacities to love and make everyone feel welcome.

Finally, we got going and the missionaries and I went to the Stake president’s house for dinner. As it turns out the stake president and his family live in my ward. I know his kids, but didn’t know that they were his kids until today. I love the Stake president and his family, they are very nice and very a lot of fun. During dinner the Stake president asked me if I needed anything, we I really don’t, so I told him I needed friends, which he replied, “A boy friend?”. I thought that was funny. I told him a boyfriend would be nice, but I just needed friends. I love how everyone here is obsessed with finding me a boyfriend. :P I had a lot fun at lunch.

The stake president had to leave early to go to some other meetings. After we finished lunch the missionaries gave a lesson on humility. I should say the Japanese missionary gave a lesson on humility and the other translated for me. The one of the YSA sisters came over, Seiko, and we all talked with her and took pictures. While we were talking and taking pictures sis. Hayashi (the stake president’s wife) made me a care package, it consisted of oranges, and apple, rice cakes, cheese, caned corn, rolls, and noodles in a cup. What a great lady! Then Seiko and I took the train home, and she paid for my ticket! She is a sweet girl.

It has been a good day. Next week I may finally make it to the military ward. As silly as it may sound, I am kinda hoping to find a reason to stay in Japan, a male reason. ;p But we will see where the wind will blow me.

Celestia, over and out.

1 comment:

Liz said...

i love you.

ps: japanese members are the best in the world, i think. well, japanese people are just really kind and thoughtful. can you imagine if more people in this country were lds??? wow.