Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Slim down?

(a hair experiment... Fail)

I love my Tuesday school!

My sixth graders told me today that they thought I looked skinnier. They drew a picture of “fat” Tia sensei and then an arrow pointing to the new skinny Tia sensei. I thought it was funny! I loved it! Maybe it was because I wore a dress today and I have worn pants every other time they thought I looked skinnier, or maybe I am getting skinnier. We can always hope, right?

My 5th graders were a hoot today! In one of my classes we sang the alphabet song and played a game with it. There were a few letters that were “special” letters and you clapped them instead of saying them. If you messed up and said the letter then you had to go to the front of the class, face away from the class, and as they sang a song you had to write a letter of the alphabet with your bum, it was great! I really wish I could have gotten that on video! Ah, I love my schools.

Today was a good day. ;p

4 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

Oh golly, I wish I could sing alphabet songs with my junior high kids! :D No, I love them--but that's a fantastic game!

And I thought Japan would make me skinnier... Turns out, it's way easy to stay just the same as I am. They have DELICIOUS bread and ice cream here. YUM.

:) PS, you're beautiful. Love you!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the hair!! So cute, not a fail at all! I miss you lots and lots and think you are so awesome!

I agree with Ashley; I thought I'd maybe shed a few pounds over here..but alas, the delicious bread and ice cream...so sad. Lol.

Happy for ya though :P.

Tegwen Ianthe said...

I haven’t touched the ice cream yet. I am trying to stay away from it.... It is just way tooo expensive!
I don't pass a bakery often, so I don't buy much... I have to say that is a saving grace.

Liz said...

tia sensei!!

don`t you love the honesty of these kids? the other day, i got, "your face is strange." hahaha.

so i love the butt-spelling thing. we played fruits basket in my ninth grade class today, and if you were left in the middle three times, the kids had to choose something for you to do that would be humiliating. this one kid had to do the "reverse beetle" where he laid on the floor and kicked his arms and legs like a beetle. kinda weird. but most of us did that butt spelling thing. they called it "hip writing", haha! they made me spell "liz is pretty!" with my bum. what good little children. it was funny watching them write kanji with their bums...

anyways. your hair is pretty like that, i think. i agree with brookie.

curse these awesome japanese and their beautiful pastries...