Thursday, January 21, 2010

Atata Island

Atata and Kono




Yesterday I went to Atata Island to the school there. It was a lot of fun because I got to take a 30 minute fairy ride. Atata is a really nice place and it is beautiful I can see the ocean from the school, there are beautiful views from most of my schools.



It was really misty yesterday. It made for some interesting pictures, but you couldn't really see the beauty of the area


Atata is famous for their oysters, this is an oyster farm. There all over the area. Really soon they are going to have their oyster festival, I will be sure to get some free oysters!


There are lots of fishing boat out in this area. I thought this looked really neat.



Today I was at Kono elementary. It was a wonderful day. When I arrived the whole school was outside waiting to greet me! There are about 5-6 staff and 16 students. They welcomed me in English and in Japanese. Each student had a name tag on and shook my hand. They were all so cute. I got to introduce myself to the whole school for a class period. It was fun to get to know each other. I ate lunch with them in their lunchroom, it was fabulous. During lunch all the kids tried to talk to me, it was a lot of fun trying to figure out what we were trying to say to each other. After lunch I played volley ball with most of the students. It was so much fun! I love this school so much! When I got back to my desk in the teacher's room I found a picture of me and all the children from when we were doing introductions. I love that this school took pictures and gave some to me so I could have pictures of the students since we are not allowed to take pictures of them.

It has been a really good week. I hope tomorrow will be a good day! I am going to a hot springs tomorrow night for a school party, it is their New Years party. I don't know if I will get in, but I will be sure to enjoy the food!




Celestia, Over and out

2 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

An oyster farm?? How cool is that!
And your students are adorable! :) That's awesome you got their pictures!!

And, lastly, have fun at the party. :D Hot springs are da bomb.

Dayan said...

This seems like an amazing trip! You deserve it!