Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Skool and stuff

I guess I better post something while I am somewhat awake... :D

Today was so fun! In my fifth grade classes we played a game. The students got into three groups and they each took turns coming up to front of the class and draw something on the face on the board. I have to say that the first class came up with the best faces, they were really funny! I wish I would have taken my camera to take pictures of the boards! The second class was very creative in their drawings..... they put Picasso to shame! The kids had a lot of fun and they used a little English, what more could you ask for? I love that school's 5th graders!

So, Sunday I actually got to church! I was so excited. I got a ride from Mr. Hayashi, he is from my company. I am glad he took me to church, it is a 400 yen train ride. While that isn't way expensive, about $4, I really don't have the money right now to get to church. When I got to church everyone was soooo nice and introduced themselves. I met a few girls my age and sat with them. In sacrament meeting they had me stand up and Mr. Hayashi introduced me to the ward. Sunday school was fun, it is the YSA program for the single adults in the ward. The bishop gave the lesson and Mr. Hayashi came in and translated for me so I could participate in the lesson. In Relief Society they had a sister who was visiting from the stake translate for me, her English was perfect! It was really nice to be able to understand what was going on in the lesson and be able to participate. After church the stake president's wife, who was visiting our ward, invited me to dinner at her house the following week. I was so excited to get a dinner invitation, I think that made my whole day! After church I ate a snack with the single adults, one girl shared her rice balls with me, and we talked with the missionaries... I think they spent just a little too much time talking with the single girls in the ward... but I'm not judging..... I was glad to talk to someone in English, one elder is from New Zealand. After we ate we went to a fireside. It was all in Japanese, but I wanted to hang out with the girls a little longer. I was glad that I went. We were a little late and the fireside had already started, but after an American came up and talked to me. As it turns out she is an ALT for the same company as me! We talked a while and had a good time. It was nice to meet another ALT and one that is also LDS in my area. She doesn't really live close, and hour and a half ride from where we were, but at least we are in the same stake and can see each other at stake things. I took the train home after the fireside, it was fun. The view of the ocean from the train was amazing! It is a half hour train ride from our church building. At one of the stops a high school girl got on with a longbow, it was really cool. I got up the courage to talk to her right before we got off the train. She said it was a Japanese longbow, that is all she said. Any way, I thought it was really cool.

Next week I will go to the Japanese ward, but they are going to get me the military ward information so I can go a man hunting! Yes, they told me that I am always welcome to go to their ward, but they thought it would be best for me to go to the military ward so I could find a husband! So I guess in two weeks I will be going man hunting at the military ward. ;P It should be great fun, but with my luck there will only be families there.....


Well, I think that is enough for today....

Celestia, over and out.

2 comments:

Liz said...

man hunting, eh? hopefully you can borrow that girl`s longbow...

Tegwen Ianthe said...

haha, ya, I will need it! Maybe I will just take her with me to shoot them down, that way I won't have to worry about missing. ;P