Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Life




I have been thinking a lot about life the last few weeks.
It seems like every stage in my life has been hard.
There has always been something that I struggle with.

Life doesn't seem to be life without hardships.

As I look back on my life I see that many of my greatest joys
came from times when I was struggling the most.
One Truly grows out out of trials and afflictions.
As much as I disliked being in the midst of those hardships
I would not change them for anything.

I have seen how I have grown through struggling through the
afflictions that have been thrown my way.
I have risen to the occasion and proven to myself that no matter
what life throws me I have the ability to make it to the top and thrive.

Many of my afflictions have not only taught me about myself
and shown me that I can do anything,
But they have shown me how to trust in the Lord.
I have seen many people come into my life and bless
me beyond measure.

My success in life is not my own, but of all those around me.

To all of you wonderful people in my life,
I thank you from the bottom of my heart
for all the ways you lift me up
and help me fly.


Note: the picture is of a foot bridge that is near my apartment.

2 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

Amen. :) You have wonderful thoughts, Celestia. Love them, love you.

Tegwen Ianthe said...

haha, I just realized how epic that picture is. It shows stairs that have been cracked, crumbled and patched. It is kind of like our trials. It is not a smooth easy climb, but the top is a wonderful even glorious moment waiting for us. If we focus on what awaits us at the top we can make it.