Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nagasaki

Good friends and good times,
What more could a girl want?

Isn't this lovely? This is a rest stop about 1-2 hours into our trip
The rest stops in Japan are really cool.
They have restrooms, shops, food, and some have gas stations.



This is at the Nagasaki Peace Museum.
Really, I think it looks like the guy is going to smack those poor
Kids, are we really promoting peace?
I was told that he is supposed to be swatting away nuclear weapons...
I still think it looks like he is going to hit those kids...



This is Ashley by the cool/ funny statue
I made her strike that pose. ;P



Here I am, Ah, I love this picture...

Here is the lovely Yuka. I really love this family!
If you can't tell from the pose, she is a dancer, a good one I might add.


Haha, here is Aiki. I love this kid. If I could I would take him home with me. :D
He is also a dancer.

Here is Aiki with his mom, Yuko.
She is a dancer as well, a family of dancers.
Even the dad is a dancer.

Here is the place for the site of the 26 Martyrs.
I didn't know this had happened....

Here is the monument and part of the Church/Museum.


I am not sure what this is, but you can see it from the parking lot
of the 26 Martyr site. It looks like a lady riding on the back of a Turtle.
I wonder what it is, any one know?

Here is Aiki and his dad
(I never got his name... Mr. Fujii it is.)
This part of town has a European flair to it.

Aiki found a cat!
The family has about 7 cats,
or so they tell me.


This is a story book Museum. I wanted to go in,
but we were leaving...


A Church! How loverly.
It was way too expensive to go in, so we didn't take a tour,
Only pictures.

I thought this looked nice.
It is right by that loverly church.

We took a nice stroll up the street to see what
treasures we could find.

And look what we found!
Don't I make a great Samurai?!


A Loverly park entrance.
I am not sure why we didn't go here....
They were looking for it. Maybe it
cost too much...

Here is the story book museum again....

It only took him seconds to fall asleep in the car,
Which made his mom happy. Just moments before he and his sister
Were being crazy, then the sugar high wore off.....
ZZzzzzzzz

We got to Nagasaki one day before the Lantern Festival,
So there were a lot of cool lanterns out everywhere.
Too bad we didn't get to see if in all of its glory.

Some lantern sculptures at the mall we has dinner at.


They had a cool inflatable dragon at the mall.


Run Ashley, Run!
Save your self!


A cool dragon lantern at the Mall.


Ok, now for the reason we went to Nagasaki,
The dance competition the Fujii family were in.
Mom and dad were in it, partners,
And the kids were in it too, the where partners as well.
AND the kids won two trophies! They are stinking amazing!

The family owns a dance studio, no wonder they are so amazing, they get hands on instructions.

Look! I got a valentine! This was made just for me by Aiki, see why I love this kid?!
He was my little valentine on Valentines day. :D

Ok, mom and dad, they are in the middle,
she has a black shiny dress on.
It was soooo hard to get any good pictures of them, so I only am posting two....
so there you are.



Sorry this is so long and so late....
Celestia, Over and Out.

2 comments:

Ashley Serena said...

Looks like a big bowl o` fun, Tia-sensei! :) I especially love the cat. He looks like me after work... :P

And HOLY COW, Japanese ballroom dancers?? That`s fantastic that you got to see them perform! And befriend them! :D I love dances. When I see you (April), you`ll have to show me some new moves!

Tegwen Ianthe said...

haha, new moves.... Ya, I will try and show you... i'm bad.